Fantasy World Cup
Note! It is not possible to change a Team or set up a new Team while one of the World Cup competitions is ongoing. Please come back after the competition to set up your Team for the next World Cup competition!
Rules/Instructions: Fantasy World Cup
Choose a Team consisting of 10 runners
(you can choose arbitrary number of men/women) by dragging runners from the left column to the right column. You may have more than 10 runners in the right column, but only the 10 first count as your team and will give you points. NOTE! 2 of these 10 runners must be from outside the 'Red group' - marked with ** in the competitor list.
Points are calculated in the following way:
- For each World Cup race, your score is calculated as the World Cup points of the 10 runners in your team
- Your 8 best total sums of the 10 World Cup races count in the total figure
- You may drag as many runners over to your team in the right column as you want, but only the 10 topmost runners count in your sum
- Of the top 10 in your list, 2 runners must be outside the red group, i.e. marked with **. If you have no runners outside the red group in your team, only the 8 first on the list will give you points. The red group was defined as runners inside the Top 50 on the World Ranking event as of June 15th 2011. Runners in the red group may change during the season. If changes to the 'Red group' are made, this will be announced via e-mail.
- Bonus: In each World Cup race, you get a bonus of 50% of the points for the runner who is on the top of your team-list. Another 25% bonus for the runner on second place on your team-list, and yet another 10% bonus for the runner who is number three on your team-list
- You can change which runners are in your team between each race
- Last chance to change your team ahead of each World Cup race is given in the overview table here.
- Note! This is a very experimental 'for-fun' service, and errors may (and will) occur.
- Calculation of points will be done after each World Cup round - but you may change your team ahead of each competition.
See overview of registered teams here.